Sunday, January 20, 2013

Street Living in Walnut Creek

Street Living in Walnut Creek - series of incidents that drove me to the street.  

Author: Pete Bennett Date: January 20th 2013

Walnut Creek CA: Watching over the homeless is a pastime of mine going back decades to Pittsburg CA where we first gave used restaurant gear to Loaves and Fishes a church run operation still in existence today.     We helped when we could as we often got dishes, pans and restaurant equipment via tear outs.

So twenty plus years later I've become homeless.  I have two brothers, money from a trust that apparently doesn't exist and currently surrounded by a scandal engulfing Contra Costa County.

What I've learned is who does what to who - I've seen the violence, seen the brutal results of stitches but I've seen the good side as well.